use on all systems? openwrt dead again?
Add Reply
Caleb Cushing
2018-06-25 02:51:11 UTC
so I finally put linux back on my laptop, should I configure cake or
fq-codel on the laptop? or just have it on the router? also does anyone
know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since the merger
announcement.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com
David Lang
2018-06-25 04:20:55 UTC
also does anyone know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since the
merger announcement.
no release yet (but I think they are near making one), but the projects have
merged, the openwrt codebase was replaced by the lede codebase

the openwrt wiki died and was only partially recovered, and I believe is now
static views only of the old data they could recover

mailing lists have not yet been merged.

a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff has gotten done.

David Lang
David Lang
2018-06-25 23:52:07 UTC
Post by David Lang
also does anyone know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since
the merger announcement.
no release yet (but I think they are near making one), but the projects have
merged, the openwrt codebase was replaced by the lede codebase
there are 18.06-rc releases out there
David Lang
Jonathan Morton
2018-06-25 23:57:00 UTC
Post by David Lang
there are 18.06-rc releases out there
Is there a hardware support database of any kind for that? My new 4G router (which uses rather low-end hardware, to be honest) only shows up as "snapshot" on the website.

- Jonathan Morton
David Lang
2018-06-26 00:09:57 UTC
Post by Jonathan Morton
Post by David Lang
there are 18.06-rc releases out there
Is there a hardware support database of any kind for that? My new 4G router (which uses rather low-end hardware, to be honest) only shows up as "snapshot" on the website.
I would assume that if it's working in a snapshot, it will be in the release
when it happens.

IIRC, they forked the codebase for the release, so you may want to check your
hardware there.

David Lang