Discussion:
use on all systems? openwrt dead again?
(too old to reply)
Caleb Cushing
2018-06-25 02:51:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
so I finally put linux back on my laptop, should I configure cake or
fq-codel on the laptop? or just have it on the router? also does anyone
know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since the merger
announcement.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com
David Lang
2018-06-25 04:20:55 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, Caleb Cushingl wrote:

> also does anyone know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since the
> merger announcement.

no release yet (but I think they are near making one), but the projects have
merged, the openwrt codebase was replaced by the lede codebase

the openwrt wiki died and was only partially recovered, and I believe is now
static views only of the old data they could recover

mailing lists have not yet been merged.

a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff has gotten done.

David Lang
David Lang
2018-06-25 23:52:07 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, David Lang wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, Caleb Cushingl wrote:
>
>> also does anyone know what's going on with OpenWRT/LEDE? no releases since
>> the merger announcement.
>
> no release yet (but I think they are near making one), but the projects have
> merged, the openwrt codebase was replaced by the lede codebase

there are 18.06-rc releases out there

> the openwrt wiki died and was only partially recovered, and I believe is now
> static views only of the old data they could recover
>
> mailing lists have not yet been merged.
>
> a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff has gotten done.
>
> David Lang
Jonathan Morton
2018-06-25 23:57:00 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> On 26 Jun, 2018, at 2:52 am, David Lang <***@lang.hm> wrote:
>
> there are 18.06-rc releases out there

Is there a hardware support database of any kind for that? My new 4G router (which uses rather low-end hardware, to be honest) only shows up as "snapshot" on the website.

- Jonathan Morton
David Lang
2018-06-26 00:09:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Jonathan Morton wrote:

>> On 26 Jun, 2018, at 2:52 am, David Lang <***@lang.hm> wrote:
>>
>> there are 18.06-rc releases out there
>
> Is there a hardware support database of any kind for that? My new 4G router (which uses rather low-end hardware, to be honest) only shows up as "snapshot" on the website.

I would assume that if it's working in a snapshot, it will be in the release
when it happens.

IIRC, they forked the codebase for the release, so you may want to check your
hardware there.

David Lang
Loading...