SpaceX and bufferbloat
Jim Gettys
2018-03-13 16:46:07 UTC
​TF-4 below indicated bufferbloat made ​SpaceX's failure analysis after its
second stage failure much more difficult.

https://twitter.com/nextspaceflight/status/973305750989623296

Anyone have a good contact at SpaceX? In return for a tour, I'd be happy
to give a talk there...

Jim
Dave Taht
2018-03-13 17:46:14 UTC
On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Jim Gettys <***@freedesktop.org> wrote:
> TF-4 below indicated bufferbloat made SpaceX's failure analysis after its
> second stage failure much more difficult.
>
> https://twitter.com/nextspaceflight/status/973305750989623296
>
> Anyone have a good contact at SpaceX? In return for a tour, I'd be happy to
> give a talk there...

Not fair. :) Can we all get a tour? Van and Kathie once did a lot of
space related work, too. And spacex blew up "my" satellite on the
falcon 1's third launch. Best 160 seconds of my life, that was, til
the first stage hit the second.

I can skip the tour, actually. Merely knowing that some of our efforts
here were deploying in space would merely make my year.

> Jim

Dave Täht
CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com