Grade-happy
Dave Taht
2017-10-25 20:16:46 UTC
The author of the original post was trying to get their bufferbloat
score from an A to an A+ on dslreports on gfiber.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Bufferbloat-not-an-A-with-Gig-Fiber/td-p/2107667

A comment:

"That may be one of the single worst things that dslreports.com has
brought onto the world with their speedtest, is this constant fear of
bufferbloat. Most of it is caused by the configuration of the ISP.
It's mostly caused by their own network. That said, many routers have
the ability to mitigate it."

I'd be happy if most networks merely scored a B+.
--
Dave Täht
CEO, TekLibre, LLC
Tel: 1-669-226-2619
Michael Richardson
2017-10-26 15:05:01 UTC
Post by Dave Taht
The author of the original post was trying to get their bufferbloat
score from an A to an A+ on dslreports on gfiber.
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Bufferbloat-not-an-A-with-Gig-Fiber/td-p/2107667
"That may be one of the single worst things that dslreports.com has
brought onto the world with their speedtest, is this constant fear of
bufferbloat. Most of it is caused by the configuration of the ISP.
Yeah!!! (I think)

Deming supposedly said, "Tell me how you'll measure, and I'll tell you how I'll act"
Although I first heard Goldratt say it, attributing it to Deming, but I've
yet to actually find the quote from him:

http://www.duperrin.com/english/2014/06/23/quote-tell-how-you-measure-and-i-will-tell-you-how-i-will-behave/

--
] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh networks [
] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | network architect [